My research interests lie in the area of signal processing theory and methods aimed at or involving audio. I am thus interested in both the theoretical aspects of signal processing and a wide range of different audio applications, including hearing aids, diagnosis of illnesses, music equipment, surveillance, and speech communication. Some specific topics that are of interest are listed below:
- Pitch estimation
- Modeling of speech and audio signals
- Speech enhancement
- Microphone arrays
- Sparse approximations
- Estimation theory
- Audio and speech coding
You can learn more about my research from the slides from my keynote talk at IWAENC 2016 and the video below which is a recording of my inaugural lecture on June 2 2016.
- Signal Processing for Diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease from Noisy Speech, Danish Council for Independent Research, 2015-2019.
- Signal processing for detecting the cocktail party problem and methods for enhancing listening in noisy situations (COCKTAIL), InnovationsFonden, 2014-2018.
- Spatio-Temporal Filtering Methods for Enhancement and Separation of Speech Signals, Villum Foundation, 2012-2015.
- A Cognitive Systems Approach to Enriched and Actionable Information from Audio Streams (CoSound), Danish Council for Strategic Research, 2012-2015.
Current/Former Ph.D. Students
My current and former Ph.D. students are listed below. They work for companies in a wide range of different areas and some, I am proud to say, have chosen an academic career.
- Zonglong Bai
- Qiongxiu Li
- Taewoong Lee
- Yingke Zhao
- Bjarke Skogstad Larsen
- Alfredo Esquivel
- Liming Shi
- Amir Poorjam
- Charlotte Sørensen
- Mathew Shaji Kavalekalam
- Martin Weiss Hansen
- Vincent Tavakoli (UbiqiSense)
- Tan Weijie (Northwestern Polytechnical University)
- Sam Karimian-Azari (Blackberry)
- Sidsel Marie Nørholm (GN Audio)
- Jesper Rindom Jensen (AAU)
- Jesper Kjær Nielsen (AAU)
- Pejman Mowlaee (Widex)
- Daniele Giacobello (Sonos)
- Johan Xi Zhang (Ericsson)
- Jesper Bünsow Boldt (GN Hearing)
- Jesper Højvang Lisby (FirstAgenda)
- Hans Laurberg (Rope Robotics)
- Morten Holm Larsen (Weibel Scientific)