My research interests lie in the area of signal processing theory and methods aimed at or involving audio. I am thus interested in both the theoretical aspects of signal processing and a wide range of different audio applications, including hearing aids, diagnosis of illnesses, music equipment, surveillance, and speech communication. Some specific topics that are of interest are listed below:
- Pitch estimation
- Modeling of speech and audio signals
- Speech enhancement
- Microphone arrays
- Sparse approximations
- Estimation theory
- Audio and speech coding
You can learn more about my research from the slides and the video below from the defense of my dr.techn. thesis (Danish highder doctorate) on April 29, 2022.
- Signal Processing for Diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease from Noisy Speech, Danish Council for Independent Research, 2015-2019.
- Signal processing for detecting the cocktail party problem and methods for enhancing listening in noisy situations (COCKTAIL), InnovationsFonden, 2014-2018.
- Spatio-Temporal Filtering Methods for Enhancement and Separation of Speech Signals, Villum Foundation, 2012-2015.
- A Cognitive Systems Approach to Enriched and Actionable Information from Audio Streams (CoSound), Danish Council for Strategic Research, 2012-2015.
Current/Former Ph.D. Students
My current and former Ph.D. students are listed below. They work for companies in a wide range of different areas and some, I am proud to say, have chosen an academic career.
- Meiling Hu
- Tao Shuai
- Junqing Zhang
- Maozhong Fu
- Yuhan Li
- Yurii Iotov
- Mengfang Zhang
- Yang Xian
- Zonglong Bai
- Zihao Cui
- Qiongxiu Li
- Taewoong Lee
- Bjarke Skogstad Larsen
- Alfredo Esquivel
- Liming Shi
- Amir Poorjam (Verisk)
- Charlotte Sørensen (GN Hearing
- Yingke Zhao (Beijing University)
- Mathew Shaji Kavalekalam (BabbleLabs)
- Martin Weiss Hansen (Dirac)
- Vincent Tavakoli (UbiqiSense)
- Tan Weijie (Northwestern Polytechnical University)
- Sam Karimian-Azari (Blackberry)
- Sidsel Marie Nørholm (GN Audio)
- Jesper Rindom Jensen (AAU)
- Jesper Kjær Nielsen (AAU)
- Pejman Mowlaee (Widex)
- Daniele Giacobello (Sonos)
- Johan Xi Zhang (Ericsson)
- Jesper Bünsow Boldt (GN Hearing)
- Jesper Højvang Lisby (FirstAgenda)
- Hans Laurberg (Rope Robotics)
- Morten Holm Larsen (Weibel Scientific)